- Making Flubber
- Making Play Dough
- Making Strawberry Shortcake
- Making butter
- Playing the Violin
- Playing basketball
- Running competition
- Learning to act and memorize lines
- Learning about California Redwood Trees
- How to take care of a baby and how not to
- How to make an origami fortune teller
- How to make a flashlight
- How the human digestive system works
- Doing Kid Yoga
Our ABC reader came in on Friday and read the OK Book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, and illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld. The book reminds students that it is important to try and to have a growth mindset when faced with challenges or opportunities. The book celebrates the real skills and talents children possess, encouraging and empowering them to discover their own individual strengths and personalities.
We continue to learn about immigration in the United States. In math we are working on solving addition and subtraction problems with 3-digit numbers.
This Friday, June 2 is "Color Wars Day." Second graders should wear yellow to show you second grade pride.